SouthEnd ARTS is a 501(c)(3) art and education nonprofit changing the face of ARTS culture in South End.
When you invest in SouthEnd ARTS, you are investing in the vibrancy of Charlotte’s cultural community and a commitment to making the arts accessible to all.
As SouthEnd ARTS grows its reach, we invite you to be a part of the narrative of a transforming community, where we strive to ensure that meaningful opportunities exist for local artists and create culturally enriched spaces for community members.
Join us in donating your time, talent and treasures to SouthEnd ARTS today!
OPENING NIGHT Social Justice Series & PRIZE-winning ART
THURSDAY, February 6, 2020
2nd Birthday Party
- 11 Juried Artists competing for top juried cash awards
- SOCIAL JUSTICE SPEAKER SERIES……6:30PM
- ED PRICE, Director, Life Skills Operations, Community Matters Cafe
- ”LOVE WINS, HOPE HEALS”
- Doors open 5:30PM
- Donations accepted at the door.
- Free Admission. Live Music, Wine for Purchase. ROOTS Catering, inkind Sponsor
- Charlotte Trolley Powerhouse. 1507 Camden Road, Charlotte, NC
- Opening Night,
- 4:30PM Artists Critiquing Artists led by TAMERY STAFFORD, SCAD BFA, Spontaneous Discussion from the aspect of wonder.
- Social Justice Speaker Series is supported in part by funds from Arts and Science Council Charlotte
FIRST FRIDAY SOUTH END GALLERY CRAWL
- FRIDAY, February 7, 2020. 5:30-8:30pm
- Meet 11 Artists & their prize-winning juried work.
- Collect local art for your environment.
- Develop new relationships with Charlotte creatives.
- Free Admission. Live Music. Food. Adult Beverages.
- Join ARTS events on the streets of South End.
- Art Galleries. Restaurants, Breweries, Local Shops.
- Artist Workshop, “Artist BootCamp”, 4:30PM
- First Friday South End Gallery Crawl is supported in part by funds from Charlotte City Center Partners
SouthEnd ARTS named BEST Art Organization in Charlotte!
FOR ARTISTS…ABOUT ARTISTS…BY ARTISTS
SouthEnd ARTS …. Making history by creating monthly equity art exhibition space in South End.
SouthEnd ARTS, aka SEA, is expanding programming and outreach locations because of the immense needs of underinvested artists to show and sell their work.
SEA considers Charlotte‘s artists a vulnerable demographic, mostly forgotten when the community assesses the impact of Charlotte’s lack of upward mobility. The mission of SouthEnd ARTS is to fill that need by creating equity exhibition opportunities, buildIng cultural bridges and empowerIng artists and their communities.
SouthEnd ARTS believes in providing economic opportunity by paying our musicians, speakers, performance artists, BFA & MFA invited jurors and 4 prize-winning artists.
SouthEnd ARTS…. “Changing the face of South End”.
501(c)(3) ARTS and Education Non-Profit Organization serving Charlotte-Mecklenburg creatives since 2018.
1507 Camden Road, Charlotte, NC 28203 | Southendarts@gmail.com | #southendarts_
SouthEnd ARTS is supported in part with funding from Arts and Science Council, #cultureforall and Charlotte Center City Partners.
•SouthEnd ARTS is a nonprofit whose mission is creating equity art exhibition space, building cultural bridges, empowering artists and their communities in South End.
Each month, in the Charlotte Trolley Powerhouse building on Camden Road, SouthEnd ARTS holds a two-night juried art exhibition featuring underinvested artists. A speaker is paired with these exhibits to create the Social Justice Speaker Series, which invites the community to engage in a conversation around the theme of the exhibit.
SOCIAL JUSTICE SPEAKER SERIES
Activists | Historians | Performance Artists | Visual Artists | Musicians | Dancers
PROFESSIONAL Education Bootcamp for Artists.
Behind the scenes, SouthEnd ARTS works with artists to help professionalize their portfolios to prepare for a world that expects corporate-style presentations for funding consideration. Topics range from social media sales to pricing to requirements for representation, etc.
ARTISTS CRITIQUE ARTISTS, a S. E. A. artist favorite. Encouraging the collaboration and interACTION Creatives require to grow in their skill.